Would you like to cut down on the overhead costs of running your small business, and adopt a healthier, more eco-friendly working environment at the same time? Then “going green” is for you! Here are 7 easy-to-follow suggestions that can put more “green” in your bank account while transforming your office into a model of eco-friendliness.
1. GO DIGITAL: Increasing your digital workflow, can increase productivity and save on paper costs. Access and share your digital documents quickly and easily via email or Google Docs, and save your work on a flash drive and/or hard drive.
2. USE POWER STRIPS: Power strips with surge protection are a must-have for any office. They allow numerous devices to use a single plug and outlet, which will conserve energy. Remember to turn off the power strip at the end of your business day.
3. USE RECYCLED PRODUCTS: Choose recycled products, such as recycled paper, ink and toner cartridges — even remanufactured office furniture, since recycling reduces the pollution caused by the manufacturing process. Buying recycled products saves vital natural resources, supports eco-friendly technologies, and saves you money in the long run.
4. USE NATURAL LIGHT: Open the blinds, raise the shades, and let in more natural light during office hours. In addition to enjoying natural sunlight, you will save electricity by shutting off lights that you no longer need.
5. USE MUGS: Don’t spend money on Styrofoam or paper cups; enjoy your coffee and tea in mugs that are washable instead of disposable. You’ll save money, free up more storage room, and reduce waste.
6. SET YOUR THERMOSTAT: To keep cooling and heating costs down, wear lightweight clothing in the summer months, and dress warmly during the winter. Keep your thermostat at a moderate setting that is comfortable for you and your staff.
7. ADD PLANTS: In addition to adding aesthetic value to your office, live plants improve air quality by removing harmful or toxic pollutants from the air, and converting them into an energy and food source for plant growth. Plants also give your office a sense of natural beauty, fragrance, and connection to nature, which can reduce stress and increase productivity. Great plants for offices include Gardenias, English Ivy, Areca Palm, Peppermint, Snake Plant, Umbrella tree, and many more!
Biz2Credit is here to help your small business “go green” as well as earn more green. Contact us at (800) 200-5678, or check us out online at www.biz2credit.com.