There it was, shining like a pot of gold before you. Your dream: The vision of a #smallbusiness that you would call your own.
Perhaps you saw this vision in a daydream. Or you woke up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night thinking about the possibility of a new business. Maybe you were handed the shop keys the day your Mom or Dad retired.
However your establishment came into existence, here you are today – a decade or even a day later – now the proud owner of a small business.
Hard work? You bet. Gratifying? Sometimes. But for every small business owner, there are certain traits that help lead to success time and again.
1. Determination. Wake up every day and approach your small business with excitement for the unknown and ambition for the future. If you love it, you know it. If your heart is not into it, you should consider another venture.
2. Leadership. The best generals lead from the front. Don’t assign anything to your team that you wouldn’t do yourself. Set a vision for your future and provide clear direction about where you are heading and how you will get there.
3. Humility. Pride is one thing; boastful pride is another. Encourage your employees to take pride in their work and your company. It will shine through in all customer and colleague interactions.
4. Civic-minded. Giving back to the community is a no-lose situation. Get involved in your local chamber, your local 4-H group, your local library. You’ll be promoting your small business while doing good for your neighborhood.
5. Fun-loving. It’s called work for a reason, but that’s no reason you cannot inject fun, humor, and empathy into everything you do. Keep it light and you’ll keep stress at bay. More importantly, your employees and customers will notice an upbeat personality and appreciate it.
With these five traits, every #smallbusiness owner can be well on their way to successfully running a company they call their own.
We always want your small business to succeed. That’s why you can turn to Biz2Credit for all your financing needs. Call (800) 200-5678 or visit www.biz2credit.com.