Dads and Grads. After Easter, it’s one of the biggest promotions of the spring. And for good reason – plenty of products and services pertain to these huge audiences. The big box stores certainly market these categories to the hilt with a flurry of ads and in-store marketing.
If you think your small business does not necessarily pertain to either of these categories, think again. There are plenty of opportunities to get in on the May and June action, and you’d be amazed how you can cater to these markets. Thinking ahead, here are key tips to help you prepare:
- Check school calendars. Dates for grammar school, middle school, high school, college, and even preschool graduation ceremonies vary depending on districts and school calendars. Visit local school web sites and mark the dates of each event, so you know when you can anticipate additional business in the weeks to come. The other big date: Father’s Day is Sunday, June 18.
- Stock up. If your audience depends on additional services or merchandise for special events (and most small business are affected in some way), make sure you have enough items and staff to handle a crowd. If you own a restaurant, consider advertising meals for larger groups and taking reservations early. Lots of families enjoy gathering for a meal out before or after a ceremony. And for Dad, there’s nothing better than being treated to a dinner where someone else picks up the tab.
- Think creatively. Head outside the box in terms of your audience. Stressed out moms planning family dinners could use a spa day discount. And dads who just want to be left alone, may appreciate a car wash coupon – and hand it over to the kids.
- Tell everyone. Just because you provide special services for upcoming events, doesn’t mean your customers will automatically think of your business. Promote your small business – online, in your store, and in the local papers. For instance, if you’re a florist, advertise corsages for mom and grandmoms to wear at graduation. For you are a book store, let your customers know that dad would appreciate time to browse with a gift card and don’t forget to provide an array of literature and related items that will appeal to fathers.
- Take notes. As you prepare for the following year (yes, it’s always right around the corner), make sure you keep track of what sold, what didn’t, and how to attract future customers based on holidays and special activities. You’ll be surprised how much additional business you will attract when you plan smartly.
At Biz2Credit, we anticipate your financial needs on a daily basis. Contact us today for your financing or refinancing needs. Call us at (800) 200-5678 or visit us online at biz2credit.com.