The last decade has shown how powerful social influencers can be on our civilization, especially with the development of the internet. Those with a large number of true followers have an immense impact on how society thinks and feels about prevalent issues. These individuals can play a big role in the development of your small business brand and serve as a great marketing tool to increase company visibility. Here are a few reasons why influencer marketing can increase small business sales:
- Increase Trust in Brand – True followers hang on to every word that their social influencer says. They buy every product recommended by the influencer. This is because these social media celebrities have gained complete trust from their followers. By utilizing the advertising from influencer marketing, you can utilize the relationship of trust between influencers and their followers. This is a great method of targeting a specific subset of the population which you think would be ideal potential customers. Increased trust will lead to increased sales.
- Avoid Customer Frustration – The constant barrage of direct advertising from a brand can be tiresome. Customers may get frustrated after seeing the same countless advertisements from small businesses. Influencer marketing is a useful alternative approach to reach prospective customers without annoying them. After all, hearing a product recommendation from somebody you respect is much more appealing than watching an advertisement for the 10th time on TV.
- Meet Consumers on Their Preferred Medium – Many consumers will create barriers to ignore any advertising outside of their preferred medium. When skimming the newspaper, they jump over any advertising. When driving on the highway, they don’t pay any attention to billboards. Using influencer marketing allows small businesses to advertise through consumer’s preferred medium. Influencers can utilize the avenue of communication they developed with followers to advertise brands and bypass the intentional ignoring.
- Accessible Across Devices – Nowadays, everybody can access their social media and see what their social influencer is up to from just about anywhere. Cell phones allow you to stream new videos posted by the social media celebrity while waiting in line or on the bus. The power of having access to anybody at your fingertips increases the power and visibility of social influencers to advertise for your small business.
- Feels More Authentic –now Everybody wants their experiences to feel authentic and original. They do not want to feel like they are part of the masses buying products that everybody else purchases. The difficulty for many consumers is deciding which new small business brand they connect to the most. Influencer marketing makes it easy for customers to decide. They trust that the social influencer will provide them a uniquely authentic experience in life. For a small business, this means that social influencers can bring many new clients and increased sales.