Last Updated: December 11th, 2013
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can contact us through our website: firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to us at the address set forth below.
This Policy will describe:
- the information we collect
- how we use that information
- who we share information with
- how we protect your information
- your choices about our use and transfer of your information
- how you can access your information
- how you can contact us with any questions you have relating to privacy or our use of your information
- how we enforce our Policy, and
- other information regarding our privacy practices and procedures.
You agree to this Policy by accepting Biz2Credit's Terms of Service, whether expressly or by accessing, browsing or using this website. You are encouraged review our Terms of Service
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide information through our website, this information will be sent to Biz2Credit servers located in the United States.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any information you enter on our website during registration, applications or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information such as your name, home or mailing address, email address, and telephone number); information about your business or prospective business; your financial information (such as your income, assets, or debts), or other personal information. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties.
- Information we may request. Examples of information that we may request and/or receive about you include credit reports, information about your business and additional demographic information. However, Biz2Credit will not request or access any credit bureau reports or other credit information in connection with a business loan, merchant cash advance or other financing product (collectively, "loan" or "business loan") or furnish such information to any bank, provider of merchant cash advances or other financing products or other lender (collectively, "lenders") without your prior written consent.
- Other business tools. Biz2Credit offers other proprietary business tools to our customers, including BizAnalyzer®, the Small Business Lending IndexTM, dynamic Dashboard and Financial Calculator. All information input by our customers into these business tools are protected by Biz2Credit's web security system and only the user has password-protected access to any Business Tool where they can input information. No third party has access to any such information input into our business tools, other than Biz2Credit for site maintenance and technical support purposes. Information you provide to us in connection with business loans is furnished to lenders, but only with your prior written approval.
- Mobile applications. Biz2Credit also offers its BizAnalylzer service via Android and iPhone mobile telephones and tablets, which mobile Business Tool service is protected by both the Biz2Credit security features described above and those of the mobile service providers. As above, only the Biz2Credit user has password-protected access to information input into its mobile application.
- Information we do not collect. Biz2Credit does not request, or collect Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number for any business owner during the loan pre-qualification process. Thereafter, during the loan application process, it does so only with the applicant's prior written approval, and often directly to the lender on the lender's platform. Further, Biz2credit does not request or collect any bank account information or link to or access this information without the customer's prior written approval. In addition, Biz2Credit does not directly accept credit card information. Biz2Credit uses a third-party payment gateway to accept credit card information for all uses on the site, including the purchase of business plan services, credit reports and other business information provided by Biz2Credit from partners such as D&B and Equifax. All the credit card information processing, including PCI security standards compliance, is done at the end of the third-party payment gateway, and we do not collect or store any such information.
- Information requested by Partners or Affiliates. In addition, while Biz2Credit does not request or store sensitive personal information of the kind noted directly above, if you elect to participate in certain offerings or programs on the company's website made available by Biz2Credit Partners or Affiliates, you may be asked to provide (or authorize Biz2Credit to provide) this kind of information to such Partners or Affiliates.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information that you provide to us about other people or businesses (such as co-applicants), including their name, address, phone number, financial information, or other information.
- Cookies. There are two types of cookies: HTML (or browser) cookies and Flash cookies (also called Locally Stored Objects or LSOs). Flash cookies can hold more information that browser cookies and are more difficult to delete. Our websites do not use Flash cookies. The remainder of this section refers only to browser cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies in order to facilitate access to our website, to personalize your online experience, and to record information about your visit to our website. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click on, or the other actions you conduct while on our website. The cookies do not store any personally identifiable information about you. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Biz2Credit, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or filling out a webform (such as a "Contact Me" or other webform), you remain anonymous to Biz2Credit. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. (See "YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION", below).
- Other Technologies. We use a variety of standard Internet technologies, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use on our website. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a particular website tied to the beacon. We also may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors in order to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, partners and affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. Biz2Credit and these companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with these advertisements and connect to our website. This information allows Biz2Credit and these companies to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Biz2Credit does not share any of your personal information with any third parties except as expressly provided below. (See, "WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH", below). We share information with companies like D&B and Equifax, lenders or credit agencies only with prior written authorization of our customers to forward such business credit reports, credit monitoring updates or other customer credit or personal information to third parties.
HOW WE USE THAT INFORMATION
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship with us and provide you with customer support;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site
- perform research and analysis about your use of or interest in our products, services, or content, products, services offered by others;
- collect, generate, use and share aggregated, non-personalized data, combined with data from other users and other data sources, that does not permit direct association with your or any other individual ("Aggregated Data");
- recommend products and services based on the information you provide in our BizAnalyzer® tool;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties; and
- enforce our terms and conditions.
Financial information. We may use certain financial information to match you with lenders or to provide lenders' pre-qualified loan offers to you, to verify your identify, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, otherwise as needed to manage our business. In addition, if you request a loan through Biz2Credit's Get a Loan Qualification Form, this information will be shared with one or more lenders in order to determine your eligibility for a loan.
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our Biz2Credit, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions.
Biz2Credit does not sell any information you provide to us, whether from registration or information based on a loan application or credit form you fill out.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
In General. We do not share any information about you with others except as indicated below. During registration, virtually all the information you share with us is publically available business information, plus phone and email contact information. Your registration information, including contact information, is never shared with any third party unless you select one of our partner links. If you select a partner link, you are informed a partner representative will contact you and that your basic business and contact information will be shared with that partner unless you opt out within the stated period of time. We will not at any time transfer your personal information to any third party unless you first select a third party service and then do not opt out of sharing this information. We may share your registration and other types of information with:
- Prospective lenders. If you submit a completed Biz2Credit Get a Loan Qualification Form, once you confirm your agreement with the Terms, we will share your information with lenders with whom you are or may be matched. However, no credit check will be performed by Biz2Credit unless you expressly authorize us to do so when you submit a completed loan qualification form. The identities of the lenders with whom you are matched, and with whom Biz2Credit has shared your information, will in each case be disclosed to you. Biz2Credit will not share information with any prospective lender not disclosed to you. These lenders on the Biz2Credit network may retain or use your information whether or not you qualify for, or obtain, a loan from them, subject to the restrictions contained in their respective privacy policies
- Authorized service providers: Once you submit a completed Biz2Credit Get a Loan Qualification Form, we may also share your information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These service providers include credit bureaus, title companies, insurance providers, attorneys, appraisal companies, escrow companies, closing agents and other financial institutions. Authorized service providers may also include marketing and customer services firms and credit card payment processors. These service providers may have access to information as needed to perform their functions, but are not in any case permitted to share, disclose, sell or use such information for any other purpose.
- Biz2Credit Partners and Affiliates. When you express interest in promotions or third party services, offered on our website, we may share your expression of interest with the partner or affiliate you have selected to offer you those products, services, and/or promotions. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other business and contact information to that business, and in certain cases noted above, other sensitive personal information to our Partners and/or Affiliates sponsoring the products, services and/or . As provided above, you will always be afforded the option to opt out or unsubscribe from any transfer of your personal information to third parties or otherwise in connection with partner or affiliate offerings or promotional uses.
- Biz2Credit.com users. Your User ID may be displayed throughout Biz2Credit and is therefore available to the public. All of your activity on our website is traceable to your User ID. Other people can see your feedback, businesses, products, classified ads or services that you have posted in the Community. However, no other registration or other information is displayed on the site unless you choose to post it yourself. We send notices to members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites and refer to User IDs and specific items.
Aggregated, non-personal information. We also collect, generate, use and share Aggregated Data -- non-personalized information about you and other customers collectively that cannot be directly associated to you or any other customer. Aggregated Data may be collected from registration, applications or other use of our website or services. Aggregated Data may be used for a variety of research and analysis purposes, including in Biz2Credit's Small Business Lending IndexTM , the analysis of website metrics, and in order to develop and/or deliver targeted advertising on our website, and on websites of third parties. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed or use such aggregated, non-personal information to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. We may also combine the Aggregated Data we collect with additional non-personally identifiable information collected from other sources. In addition, we may share Aggregated Data with third parties, including advertisers, data providers and other business partners for any general business purpose. Aggregated Data is not considered "information" or "personal information" for purposes of this Information Handling Policy.
Third-party websites. There are a number of places on our website where you may click on a link to access other websites, each of which operates under its own Policy and not Biz2Credit's Policy. For example, if you click on an advertisement or a search result on our website, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal and business information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. While Biz2Credit will only directly transfer data to other websites that have adequate data protection and privacy policies, Biz2Credit cannot control such uses or use by companies whose links you click on. We therefore recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the "privacy" link typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
Other circumstances.We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency;
- to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- when we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing;
- to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our Biz2Credit, our users, our employees, or others;
- to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale. In this event, you will be afforded the opportunity to opt out of any further promotional or other communications.
Third-party use of your information.Biz2Credit seeks to ensure that all third parties to whom we transfer data maintain appropriate data protection protocols and privacy policies. Accordingly, Biz2Credit contractually requires its vendors and affiliates to maintain appropriate security and privacy policies, and we will not transfer personal information to any entity whose policy would permit the sale or other redistribution of personal information for any reason other than the purpose for which we provided the information to the third party. However, Biz2Credit does not control the actual use of transferred data by such third parties, which are governed by their internal policies and procedures. These entities or their servers may be located either inside or outside the United States, in which case they may be governed by different privacy laws or policies.
By disclosing your information to Biz2Credit through registration, the selection of services offered by Biz2Credit partners, affiliates and other third parties, the loan application process or otherwise on our website, you expressly consent to any transfer of your information as described above and in this Policy
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
In General. We are committed to protect the security and integrity of all information you share with us. We have therefore implemented a number of industry-standard security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for specified and limited business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of certain sensitive information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. We want you to feel confident using our website for business transactions. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure in all cases.
DocVault. Biz2Credit's Doc Vault system allows only registered users to upload documents. Biz2Credit does not allow any documents to be edited while in Doc Vault and maintains a log of every document uploaded, tagged and shared. DocVault's history feature also tracks every document which is shared by time and date and also time stamps when the link is clicked and document downloaded.
Other Business Tools. Biz2Credit's other proprietary business tools, such as BizAnalyzer®, the dynamic business loan and credit Dashboard, Financial Calculator and the Small Business Lending IndexTM, are also available only to registered users . Information you provide to us in connection with business loans or applications therefor will only be shared with prospective lenders with your prior consent.
Account security.We have also implemented the following additional features to help strengthen the security of your user account:
- Session Timeout. A session timeout has been implemented so that the maximum specified period of user inactivity does not exceed 25 minutes.
- Temporary Account Lockout. Access is locked for 30 minutes if three or more consecutive unsuccessful login attempts are made, regardless of session or time frame. User may not log back in, re-authenticate online, create a new account, order products, view products or use login help when the account is locked out. However, the user can contact the call center/help desk to activate account when the account is locked.
- Long Term Account Lockout. Access to accounts will be locked indefinitely (until manually unlocked by a Call Center/Help Desk Agent) if the user attempts to use login help unsuccessfully three or more times, regardless of session or time frame. User may not login, create a new account, re-authenticate online, order products, view products or use login help when the account is locked out. As above, the user can contact the Call Center/Help Desk to activate account when account is locked out.
For a more detailed description of these security measures, please refer to our Terms of Service, "Security Measures".
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR USE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can at any time choose not to provide us with certain information by modifying the "Settings" in your user account. However, if you do so, this may result in your being ineligible or unable to use certain features of our website if such information is required in order for you to obtain services.
- After you register, you will automatically receive our Biz2Credit e-Newsletter [and other communications from Biz2Credit from time to time] unless you choose to unsubscribe. If you authorize any of these communications from Biz2Credit, you will also be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. While we will attempt to implement changes to your user settings as quickly as possible, please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process an opt-out request. In addition, you may at any time modify your choice through "Settings" in your user account.
- Biz2Credit may directly send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as loan offers, e-Newsletters, requests for additional information, service updates or announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the prior opportunity to opt out of receiving them. However, you may always thereafter opt out as provided directly above. In addition, we will not provide any of your information to Biz2Credit partners or affiliates unless you specifically request that particular service or promotion, and if you fail to opt out within the stated period of time. As stated directly above, you are always free to opt out at any time by modifying the "Settings" in your user account.
- You may also instruct us not to call you for marketing, promotional or other commercial purposes through "Settings" in your user account. We will implement your instructions as promptly as possible, and in any case within 10 business days. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
- If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from current and future mailing lists through "Settings" in your user account
- Federal and state regulations may require that we store completed loan questionnaire forms for various periods of time. In addition, other regulatory document and information storage guidelines may apply. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information within a specified time period from the Biz2Credit database or servers.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Once you have registered with Biz2Credit.com, you can access and update your information at any time through "Settings" in your user account. You can also change your information-sharing settings as discussed just above.
- Visiting our website from outside the United States. This Policy is intended to cover the collection of information on our website from residents of the United States. If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries may be different from those in your country. By using the Biz2Credit website or any of the services offered on the Site, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be used, stored and shared as described in this Policy.
- No third party rights. This Policy does not create rights enforceable by users, affiliated companies, or any other third parties or require disclosure of any information relating to customers or users of our website or any service offered on our website.
- Protecting Children's Online Privacy. Biz2Credit will not intentionally collect information from children under 13 on this website. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us with any information on this website.
CHANGES TO POLICY
This Policy is subject to change if we modify our practices or services. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the first page of this Policy. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share your information, we will notify you by sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us in your account, profile or registration (unless we do not have such an email address), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully and also that you check our website from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies.
ENFORCEMENT OF POLICY
Although Biz2Credit has not self-certified under the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor Framework, Biz2Credit adheres to the Safe Harbor principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. We regularly review our internal privacy practices and procedures and compliance with this Policy. When we receive formal written complaints, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her particular concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between Biz2Credit and a user. We will also notify each user as soon as reasonable practicable if we become aware that the security of that user's information has been compromised.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, or if you would like to request information about our disclosure of information to third parties, please contact us by email at:
Or you can write to us at:
333 7th Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10001
© 2013 Biz2Credit Inc. All rights reserved.