Online Forum: The Paycheck Protection Program – A Retrospective and The Path Forward with Susan Collins (R-ME)
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which closes for new applications on June 30th, has been a fantastic success for millions of small businesses around the country. In total, more than $520 billion has been distributed to more than 4.9 million small and midsized businesses from Alaska to Maine, and everywhere in between.
This unique Online Forum, will give business owners a chance to hear from Senator Collins – the co-author of the PPP – on how the Federal government and private industry are collaborating to support business owners during the COVID-19 pandemic. Senator Collins and panelists from the sponsor companies will discuss the success of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) that provided a financial lifeline to small businesses that were negatively impacted by shutdowns and reduced economic activity caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Discussion topics included:
- Understand the process undertaken by Congress in authorizing the Paycheck Protection Program and the outcomes already observed for small businesses.
- Learn what initiatives the Federal government is considering next that may provide further support to American small businesses.
- Senator Collins will respond to business owner questions about the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Learn from the AICPA how accounting firms have played an important role in the PPP and its successes so far.
- Hear about data from the Paychex | IHS Markit Small Business Employment Watch, an indicator of small business resilience in the wake of COVID-19.
- Prepare for what's coming next with Biz2Credit's review of what is waiting for business owners during the PPP loan forgiveness process.
For further insights and assistance from Biz2Credit, visit www.biz2credit.com/disaster-support/small-business-support-resource-hub-coronavirus