Online Forum: Small Business and the COVID-19 Pandemic – A Discussion with Rep. Espaillat (D-NY) and Rep. Hern (R-OK)
The U.S. Congress has taken a proactive approach to providing relief for business owners, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which closed for new applications on August 8th. In total, more than $525 billion has been distributed to more than 5.1 million small and midsized businesses from Alaska to Maine, and everywhere in between.
This unique Online Forum, will give business owners a chance to hear from U.S. Congressman Adriano Espaillat (D-NY) and U.S. Congressman Kevin Hern (R-OK), both members of the House Small Business Committee, on how the Federal government and private industry are collaborating to support business owners during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Congressmen and panelists from the sponsor companies will discuss the success of government initiatives, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) that provided a financial lifeline to small businesses that were negatively impacted by shutdowns and reduced economic activity caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Discussion topics included:
- Understand the process undertaken by Congress in authorizing the Paycheck Protection Program and the outcomes already observed for small businesses.
- Learn what initiatives the Federal government is considering next that may provide further support to American small businesses.
- The Congressmen will respond to business owner questions.
- Learn from the AICPA how accounting firms have played an important role in the PPP and its successes so far.
- Prepare for what's coming next with Biz2Credit's review of future business financing options, including PPP loan forgiveness.
For further insights and assistance from Biz2Credit, visit www.biz2credit.com/disaster-support/small-business-support-resource-hub-coronavirus