The second round of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which closed for new applications on May 28th, has been a fantastic success for millions of small businesses around the country. In total, approximately $800 billion has been distributed to America’s small businesses through nearly 12 million loans, reaching nearly every community around the country from Hawaii to New Hampshire, and everywhere in between.
This unique Online Forum, will give business owners a chance to hear from Senator Shaheen – the co-author of the PPP – on how the Federal government and private industry have forged a collaboration to support business owners from every background during the COVID-19 pandemic. Senator Shaheen and panelists from the sponsor companies will discuss the success of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) that provided a financial lifeline to small businesses that were negatively impacted by shutdowns and reduced economic activity caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Discussion topics included:
- Understand the approach of Congress in authorizing the Paycheck Protection Program in 2021 and the outcomes that small businesses are now seeing.
- Learn what initiatives the Federal government is considering next that may provide further support to American small businesses.
- Senator Shaheen will respond to business owner questions about the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Learn from the AICPA how accounting firms have played an important role in the PPP and its successes so far.
- Hear about data from the Paychex | IHS Markit Small Business Employment Watch, an indicator of small business resilience in the wake of COVID-19.
- Prepare for what's coming next with Biz2Credit's review of what is coming next for business owners after the PPP.
For further insights and assistance from Biz2Credit, visit www.biz2credit.com/disaster-support/small-business-support-resource-hub-coronavirus